Snow Dyeing

A benefit from the Halloween snow

We got enough snow on the weekend of Halloween to enable me to make more snow-dyes. I used (Pro Chem names) Intense, Mixing and Navy blues, Mixing Red, Cerise (from Aljo), Strong Orange, Golden Yellow and Lemon Yellow. Without further ado, here are more pictures:

Thanks again to Karen

I have posted a PDF of my snow dyeing article that was inspired by Karen at Bunk’s Blog. Thank you for sharing this cool technique, Karen – my customers and friends (and I) enjoy the results very much. Here’s a link to her post which got a lot of us started: http://bunks.wordpress.com/2009/01/14/snow-dyeing-and-grannyland/. Now, when I …

Thanks again to Karen Read More »


Wooo-hooo! The magazine article about snow dyeing has come out – there’s a view of the cover at right. And you can buy it here, or at your local independent quilt retailer. Of course, now that we’ve spent several days working on getting the kitchen ready to paint, we still have to post all the …

Published!!!! Read More »