Posted on 1 Comment

More from the Barn and since then, part 3

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         This is a value sample made simply with drops of dye mixed with gradually increasing amounts of water. Click on the image to see a larger version.

 

PA290011The second photo shows some DSP prints that I made while in class. When home, I pulled out my plastic faux wood grain tool and spread thickened yellow ink on clear vinyl, then took a monoprint from the vinyl. A detail is below.PA290012

 

PA290006Finally, I have another monoprint made using colors from the screened sample pages. I made a DSP screen using leaves from the park out back. While that was set aside to dry, I rearranged the wet leaves and made a monoprint from them. When that was done, I used some thickened dye and a wallpaper brush to color the background all over with tan. Looks somewhat like camouflage, but pretty camo! Thanks for looking!

1 thought on “More from the Barn and since then, part 3

  1. Looks like great fun. All the leaves I planned to use have been blown away or wet from the storm. Glad you are okay in PA!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.